Never mind 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks', here's the Exploding Buddhas' Pop-tastic Quiz
Use 'Back' to navigate back to the main site.
You may need to activate scripts on your web browser.
1. At which N. Yorkshire venue did the Buddhas play their first gig in 1993?
Crakehall Village Hall
2. The band's only TV appearance to date was on Czech breakfast television during their 1995 tour, but which two band members were missing?
Sal & Jools
Mick & Jools
Sal & Mick
3. Apart from London and Prague, which other European Capital have the Buddhas played?
4. Apart from non-driving Tom, who is the only band member who has never owned a Mini?
5. Which Prague venue did the Buddhas play on both of their Czech tours?
Divadlo Pod Lampou
The Rock Cafe
6. Which domestic item has supported Mark throughout his 'Budd-ing' career?
Corby Trouser Press
7. How did Mick inadvertently cause amusement in the dressing room before his memorable portrayal of 'Shaggy' in 2002?
He comically slipped on a discarded banana skin
The 'Shaggy' wig looked exactly the same as his own hair
The 'Shaggy' T-shirt was exactly the same as the one he had on
8. Which fancy dress character did Dickie pointlessly shave his head to play in 1998?
9. When unable to extract himself from Dickie's car after a particularly heavy night at the Wheatsheaf, Dickie and Tom goaded Mark, asking "Are you a Buddha or a woman?" But what was Mark's laboured reply?
A Buddha, of course; why do you ask?
I'm not very sure, I've drunk a little too much this evening
A wooooooomaaaaaan! (pathetically)
10. Whilst taking a break in the Czech countryide between gigs in 1994, the band were ernestly warned about walking bare-legged in long grass for fear of life-threatening ticks. What was Mick's response?
He carefully avoided the long grass and stayed near the pub
He made sure he was wearing stout, long trousers, despite the intense heat
He wandered off towards the long grass in his shorts and came back after half an hour with a tick burrowing furiously into his inner thigh
11. In 1995, the Buddhas played a Bank Holiday gig on the flat roof of a pub in Stockport. The band sound-checked with Babylon's Burning but what happened next?
The fire station next door received a call and drowned the band out with their sirens
Dickie's speaker burst into flames and had to be extinguished with beer
The pub was evacuated due to a fire in the kitchens
12. Which Manchester band did the Buddhas support at 20 minutes' notice in January 1994?
The Harbingers of Doom
The Knights of Shite
The Monarchs of the Glen
13. On triumphantly driving into the outskirts of Prague in 1994, the Buddha Bus was promptly stopped and fined for being foreign (or something). But what did Mark insist on doing before driving off?
Combing his hair
Entering the fine in the 'Ship's Log'
Furiously flipping through his English-Czech dictionary to find the word for 'sorry'
14. When approaching a Czech junction in the 'Buddha Bus', Marked shouted 'Flanker!' at a bleary-eyed Dickie who was dozing in the passenger seat. What Dickie do next?
Woke with a start and spilled his crisps before looking out for oncoming traffic
Shouted 'Flanker yourself!' before asking Mark to 'step outside' for a fight
Wound down the window, shouted 'No traffic' and wound the window back up, trapping his head in the process